Strike Authorization Vote July 15 & 16 #
Unfair labor practice strike authorization vote scheduled for July 15 & 16 #
Location: IBEW Hall, 3049 S 36th St, Tacoma, WA 98409
July 15, 2019: 2:00 – 4:30 PM; 5:30 – 9:00 PM
July 16, 2019: 5:30 – 10:00 AM; 12:00 – 2:00 PM
You must be a WSNA member in good standing to vote.
Management is scared – so they’re trying to scare us
Management is worried about this vote. They’re scared of the unity and power we have built during 10 long months of contract negotiations. They’re terrified we’ll use our right to strike, so they’re trying to terrorize us.
That’s why we’ve been getting scare tactic updates from SJMC management. Their July 3 RN Update warns us against violence, retaliation, permanent replacements and even fines from WSNA! Here’s what we all need to know:
- We are not violent — we’re strong.
- We don’t want to harass anyone — we want to talk to each other about the very important decision on whether to authorize a strike
- We will challenge any attempt by the Employer to hire strikebreakers to permanently replace you — we are providing evidence of management’s illegal conduct to the National Labor Relations Board. Those unfair labor practices are an important part of why we’re contemplating a strike.
- WSNA is not going to fine you — we’re going to support each other. SJMC management was dead wrong in their July 3 RN Update when the told nurses WSNA members who work during a strike may be hit with expensive fines. It’s not in WSNA’s Bylaws and Local Unit Rules, and WSNA has NEVER imposed fines against nurses who choose to work during a strike.
- Management is scared. We are not. We will not stop standing up for safe patient care!
Come and vote your conscience. Make your voices heard.
In solidarity, your Negotiating Team,
Janet Stewart, RN
Linda Burbank, RN
Melissa Balla, BSN, RN
Tiffany Repar, RN
Sally Budack, RN-BC
Francine Gumina, BSN, RN
Melissa Garcia, RN
Matthew McGuire, RN
Richie Tiamzon, RN
Chelsey Roos, RN
Questions? Contact WSNA Nurse Representative Hanna Welander at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206 – 575-7979, ext. 3035.