Early Saturday morning, after negotiating for 17 hours with the assistance of Federal Mediators, we reached a tentative agreement with hospital administration.
- FULL retroactive pay, 3% on all gross earnings back to Nov. 1, 2018;
- Higher wage increases of 6.5% upon ratification and 3.5% on Nov. 1, 2020;
- Extra shift incentive of $5/hr. will be added to the RN’s regular rate of pay for 0.6 FTE and above;
- Delayed implementation of increased per diem work requirements to Jan. 1, 2020, but immediate increase in wages upon ratification;
- Stronger nurse staffing committee language and actual commitments to begin the process of improving staffing;
- Plus, all previously negotiated tentative agreements
This is a major victory! We achieved gains in all three of our key priorities on wages, staffing and retro pay. The Rapid Response Organizers diligently and systematically had one-on-one conversations with every nurse and collected signatures on strike pledge petitions in unprecedented numbers. Members were united and committed. Together, we did it!
The Strike Authorization Vote on July 15 &16 is officially canceled.
We will use the originally scheduled dates and times so that you can come and hear about the details of the new contract. The team recommends this tentative agreement and will be available at the meetings with WSNA staff to answer questions.
Local Unit Meetings:
IBEW Hall, 3049 S 36th St, Tacoma, WA 98409
July 15, 2019: 2 – 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 – 9 p.m.
July 16, 2019: 5:30 – 10 a.m. and noon‑2 p.m.
Thank you for standing with us!
Your negotiating team,
Linda Burbank, Janet Stewart, Sally Budack, Melissa Garcia, Francine Gumina, Tiffany Repar, Richie Tiamzon, Matthew McGuire, and Chelsey Roos
Questions? Contact WSNA Nurse Representative Hanna Welander at email@example.com or by calling 206 – 575-7979, ext. 3035.