Your team and WSNA are here for you! #
As the frontline workers, you are not only precious but highly valued and respected. We are much stronger working together and we will get through this!
What’s Being Done? #
- WSNA continues to advocate for equipment and we are insisting that the PPE be provided to nurses.Please continue to request the appropriate PPE as we hold them to the expectation that they will provide it.As always thank you and keep the information coming to me!
- Up to date recommendations and guidance for conservation of PPE. Please see the link below. https://www.wsna.org/news/2020/wsha-ppe-checklists-for-cdc-contingency-and-crisis-capacity-use-of-personal-protective-equipment
- Floating - Please see the following information ono what to do if you have a “dangerous” patient assignment. https://www.wsna.org/news/2020/nurses-facing-abnormally-dangerous-patient-care-assignments
- We are currently in discussion about how to utilize the Island staff employees while protecting staff and patients alike and LIMITING the amount of low census that some staff are facing. MORE to come on this subject.
ADO vs Staffing Concern Form #
- ADO The WSNA online ADO form www.wsna.org/ado comes right to your chair and your nurse representative immediately. Last week we received an ADO at 0851 for someone low censused incorrectly and it was resolved with her actually working by 1041 hours that same morning. Please note. Your internal staffing complaint forms do not ever go to your nurse representative! I have received absolute reassurance that no one will be criticized for filling out an ADO – please let me or one of the team know immediately if that happens.
- Please see the following links for resources for all affected by the coronavirus https://www.wsna.org/news/2020/state-resources-for-workers-missing-work-due-to-covid-19
The WSNA team is working extremely hard around the clock to bring you all the most current information on this very fluid situation. Your best quick resource will be www.wsna.org under the COVID tab. However, stay tuned for further email updates!
Please stay safe.
Thank you ALL so much for all you do.
Kim McClure – Chair
Heather Bush — Vice-chair
Stefanie Meyer — Treasurer
Sue Dunlap (firstname.lastname@example.org)