You can help build pressure at the negotiating table! #
Kadlec nurses knocked it out of the park with our turnout and overwhelming majority support for a strike at the strike authorization vote!
We will continue to press Management to give us a fair proposal that meets the needs of nurses by ensuring safe staffing at all times, better protecting against workplace violence, and providing the time off we need to take care of ourselves and our families.
We all want to settle this contract at the bargaining table, but we’re ready to strike if we have to. Our next negotiation with a federal mediator is November 25.
We need to keep up the pressure – from nurses and members of our community. Here’s what you can do to help us pressure Providence to give us the contract we deserve:
- Share the public petition and encourage your friends and neighbors to sign on
Kadlec is our community’s hospital. Encourage everyone you know to tell Providence that the Tri-Cities community supports us in getting “a fair contract that ensures safe staffing and maintains earned benefits so we all can receive the exceptional care we expect from Kadlec.”
Share this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/weloveKadlecRNs
- Reach out to businesses and community organizations
Are you member of a church, a volunteer organization, a club? Fill out a “Community Connections” card so that we can reach out and get the community on our side.
- Are you signed up for a strike committee? It’s not too late!
Fill out the strike committee form. We are moving forward with organization committees so that we are prepared to strike if we have to.
Media coverage you may have missed
In case you missed it, here is a round-up of some of the media coverage we got for our strike authorization vote.
- KEPR TV: Kadlec nurses still on the job after authorizing strike (10/31/19)
- TRI-CITY HERALD: Kadlec nurses authorize strike at Richland hospital (10/30/19)
- KVEW TV: Kadlec nurses vote to authorize strike (10/30/19)
- KNDU TV: Kadlec Nurses vote in favor of authorizing strike (10/30/19)
- KNDU: Kadlec nurses voting on authorizing a strike (10/29/19)
- KVEW TV: Kadlec nurses spend all day voting on whether or not to strike (10/29/19)
- KEPR TV: Nurses voting to authorize a strike for safer staffing and protection of benefits (10/28/19)
Stay tuned for local unit and strike committee meeting dates.
Not getting email newsletters from WSNA? Don’t miss important updates. If you or someone you know isn’t getting the WSNA e‑mail newsletters, please contact your Nurse Rep, or WSNA membership at 1 – 800-231‑8482 ext: 3023 or email at email@example.com.
Questions? Call WSNA Nurse Representative Jayson Dick. MBA, BSN, RN, at 206 – 858-2139.