After 16 sessions (4 with the assistance of a Public Mediator), our team has reached a tentative agreement that we confidently recommend.
Our Team FOUGHT OFF several Employer proposed take-aways such as:
- Decreased compensation for work performed that qualifies for “Rest Between Shifts” premium
- Forced Dress Code
- Decrease in Per Diem Hourly wage
- Limits on WSNA’s access to Hospital’s premises
- Extension of probationary periods
- Discontinuation of standby pay once a nurse is called back into work
We secured a number of gains in wages and working conditions:
- Wage increases of 3% starting June 30, 2019, 4% starting January 1, 2020 and 3% starting November 1, 2020
- New Step 30.
- Ratification Pay of 3% of total compensation (includes overtime, etc.) since January 1st for every WSNA RN
We also made significant gains in the areas of staffing and workplace violence.
A full summary of changes will be posted at wsna.org by end of day on Friday, June 13.
In light of reaching this agreement, our Overpass Action set for Tuesday, June 11 has been cancelled.
Your WSNA team of Registered Nurses Recommends a “YES” vote on this contract.
Date and location to be determined….stay tuned!
Only WSNA members in good standing can vote but it is not too late to join WSNA today and have a voice.
For membership information, call Tara Barnes at 206 – 575-7979, ext. 3027 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clarise Mahler, Chair (CCU); email@example.com
Debbie Pronk, Grievance Officer (PACU); firstname.lastname@example.org
Jomay Ruiz, Secretary/Treasurer (FMC); email@example.com
Linda Snyder, Membership Officer (7 Silver); firstname.lastname@example.org
Val Artamonova, Membership Officer (Home Hospice); email@example.com
Jessica Taylor – 6 Silver; Holly Baker – ED; Lexi Overa – ED; Beth Selander – OR;
Caine Ballew – Float Pool; Charina Alvarez – PACU; Theresa Blazer – FMC;
Ed Zercher, RN, WSNA Nurse Rep (firstname.lastname@example.org);
and Terri Williams, MSN, RN, WSNA Nurse Rep (email@example.com)
Questions? Contact Ed Zercher at 206 – 575-7979, ext. 3022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.